Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm here





I'm staring at this large expanse of white trying to figure out how to start this thing and for the last hour I've been failing in a big way. Only I'm a Sinclair, and really failure isn't in our vocabulary, we might stumble or fall but that's not an excuse to give up, in fact that's just reason to push ahead harder. So there it is, my first sentences written onto a blank page, and failure a distant memory.

Why am I doing this? Is this a diary? Maybe of sorts, maybe not, I'm not sure how comfortable I am writing my deepest darkest secrets for the whole world to see. Instead we'll find a happy middle ground. The thought that someone might even waste their precious minutes reading this is rather a strange one to me, but if you are out there, and you've deemed my thoughts valuable enough to linger over, hello you, my reader, and thank you for stopping by, I hope you return and say hey back!

I guess the best place to start anything is at the beginning so that is where I shall begin. Alright? Zalright! *Said with extremely bad and cheesy accent*




Obviously my name is Grace Sinclair. Only that wasn't the name I was given at birth, that name was lost when my mother left my brother and myself at the orphanage in Kazkhastan along with any records of our birth. We called that orphanage home for three years, and really before the people I call mom and dad found us, those are mostly my only memories of life, living there. It wasn't some horrible scene from a movie. The nuns were good to us, kind if not efficient out of necessity. There were so many of us and so few of them, sacrifices were made, had to be made.Those women gave me a birthday and called me Птичка, or little bird.  I was six years old when a group of people showed up. I didn't know it then, but those people were about to become  family. They were to be my future aunts, uncles, and parents and the ones who would name me Grace.


(I'm the second girl from the left, and number 9 would be the small bump in my mom's stomach..oh and yeah that's her and my dad in the middle..he's got the shaved head..she's pregnant easy enough)
OK so I'll do the condensed version,I'm sure in the future there will be reasons for more details. Here it goes. Zac, my brother, and I were adopted, brought to America knowing no English, learned English, grew up happy with our other seven at the time and now eight siblings,



Along the way we moved into a castle on top of a mountain with about a hundred or more other occupants. Yeah its huge and most think its kind of creepy, and yes there are rumors that it does indeed have a real dungeon but we are all discouraged heavily from wandering down there as people have gotten lost before, I guess its kind of a maze underneath. Anyways creepy or not it's my home.


Now  here I am 18, and just moved into my own apartment, inside the castle of course, chasing my dreams and determined to catch them.


I currently just finished performing in a community theater rendition of Cats and the reviews were fantastic, I was Victoria, and while it was crazy busy during the days of rehearsal, I loved every minute of it. I also work three days a week teaching ballet to toddlers and beginning children. I love my job and hope to begin working full time in the near future and teaching more advanced classes.




I also model, currently just for my aunt, but again I'm hoping that will change, meanwhile I just got my first big break, a perfume ad for Dior, I'm way more than a little excited. I mean who wouldn't be? My face is going to be in magazines, and  on posters in stores, and maybe one day I'll walk by and see myself on a bus or billboard!

























The first official print of the poster is now hanging in my new workout room to remind me of my goals when things get rough.

So there it is, my introduction..I can't promise all posts will be this long in fact you may be relieved to hear they probably won't be even close, but I'll try to keep you updated on my life and struggles, and I'll try to be as honest as I can be.

So keep reading because this little bird has leaped out of the nest and I'm going to fly, and I'm glad to have you along for the ride!

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how a very young girl with no model posture or proportion, no experience can end up in Dior ad. Applause to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an asshat...

      Delete
    2. Thank you to the anon that replied to this for the support as for the original poster all I can say is, my dad and my uncle both served in the military to protect your right to voice an opinion.

      Delete
  2. Leave her alone, just because you jealous you didn't get that kind of break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much both for taking the time to read and for the support, I really do appreciate it!

      Delete